Number of Positions10
ImpacTrip is a social business internationally certified as B-Corp that promotes Responsible Travel Experiences in Portugal, Spain and Croatia. The company was… Read more
Education is a fundamental human right that every child in the world should have! But factors like poverty take that right from millions of children all over the world. Even in a country developed like Portugal, many children have a huge lack of support to continue their education and to reach their dreams and go after their full potential.
In this program, you have the chance to assist different non-profits in supporting children in need by giving them extracurricular activities and helping them to follow their dreams. Your tasks will include teaching them English and helping them with their English homework by designing and implementing new extra-curricular activities according to the kids’ age.
The children’s age can vary from 6 years old kids to 17 year old teenagers depending on the non-profit you are supporting.
Salary & benefits
This internship includes:
– Arrivals every first and third Sunday of each month
– Pick up at the international airport in Lisbon & transfer to the accommodation
– Accommodation at a dormitory at a sustainable and social hostel, max. 8-bed single-gendered dormitory
– Three meals a day everyday: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free, and meals for)
lactose-intolerant are also available upon request)
– Shared use of the common room, outdoor area, garden, pool, and free WIFI
– Orientation event on arrival (including an introduction to Portugal and culture, volunteer experience, overview
of programs, practical information, safety guidelines)
– Guided city tour (2 hours.)
– Free maps, SIM card, city guides, and the best tips to discover the city!
– Allocation and coordination of a work placement in a sustainable project and contact person in the project
– Introduction on the first day of volunteering
– Materials for the volunteer activities.
– For Marine Conservation: all diving equipment necessary, SSI diving classes and instructors, SSI diving
certifications appropriate to the diving experience
– For Wolf Project: 2 first nights accommodation in Lisbon including meals, Orientation, and City tour (see
above), transfer to the project site in Mafra; accommodation in a wooden house in the park in Mafra, max.
4-bed dormitory, share the use of the living room, kitchen and free Wifi
– Ongoing support throughout the stay
– 24h/7 emergency support by phone or personally
– Limited coverage civil liability insurance.
Relevant degrees include, but are not limited to:
- English teaching
- English literature
Besides the technical skills, candidates should have:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently