Number of Positions5
ImpacTrip is a social business internationally certified as B-Corp that promotes Responsible Travel Experiences in Portugal, Spain and Croatia. The company was… Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
This project provides extra-curricular classes for local children, youth and adults who need additional education support, and who would otherwise be unable to afford extra lessons. Volunteers work in local centers or schools which aim to support disadvantaged community groups to develop their skills and increase employment opportunities. Volunteers on the Teaching project assist predominantly in teaching English to the students, however, volunteers with an intermediate level of Spanish may also teach Spanish in other projects who work with migrant communities. Volunteers play a crucial role in exposing the students to new subjects and are encouraged to organize activities which enable the students to learn about different cultures and countries, while also learning English.
The Teaching project is highly rewarding and through sharing knowledge and life experiences, volunteers can demonstrate that with a bit of hard work, anything is possible. As volunteers work with the support of local team and placement staff, they do not need to be qualified or experienced teachers to participate. However, we encourage volunteers to come prepared by completing some relevant training, like a teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) course.
Salary & benefits
Your program includes:
- Accommodation at a dormitory at a sustainable and social hostel (Private rooms with shared bathroom are also available);
- Three meals a day, everyday: breakast, lunch, dinner (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.)
- Pick-up at the airport and transfer to the accommodation (On the Saturday or Sunday prior to an Introduction Day)
- Guided city tour (2 hours);
- Allocation to a non-profit and placement coordination on the first day of volunteering;
- The best tips to discover the city!
- Support 24/7 (365 days a year at anytime)
Motivation to make a difference