- Sanlucar de Barrameda, Spain
- £ 942/month
Contract Length9 months
Start date27th September 2019
Qualifications RequiredBachelor’s Degree or higher
Number of Positions50
CAPS the Conversation Assistant Programme for Schools in Spain. Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
This is a role for Teaching Assistants / inspiring teachers to come to Spain whilst undertaking a free TEFL course. Gain and develop your classroom experience whilst enjoying the culture of Spain.
Positions to start at the end of September 2019 for a full academic year
Apply as indicated and we will send you an application form within 48 hours to your email address provided.
We are looking for committed, dynamic and creative English speakers to work as a Language Assistant in a Spanish schools and join over 300 other English speakers in this experience.
The role of the assistant is to aid in improving teaching and student communication in English for 25 classroom hours per week from Monday to Friday.
General tasks include:
- Assist in whole class alongside main teacher or individually with groups of students
- Help with questions related to pronunciation and forming sentence structures
- Assist with the preparation of classes or help to prepare complementary material/activities – for example; dialogues, quizzes, reading exercises, games, audio-visual activities, presentations, preparing displays
- Help with the preparation of oral exams
- Speaking practice with teachers (helping the teachers of the school improve their oral English skills) or “speaking + reinforcing language structure with teachers (explaining areas of grammar and other complexities of the English language)
Salary & benefits
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experience in a real Spanish school
- Continuous support and feedback from the assigned tutor/mentor in the school and by the programme organizers
- Free Certified (6 ECTS credits*) TEFL or Advance TEFL (Teaching English as a foreign language) training course, provided by an internationally recognized Spanish university.
- A student grant of 915€ netto (after taxes) per month.
- The opportunity to repeat the position
- Join a program with hundreds of other Teaching Assistants in Spain and join the vast community.
Contract Length9 months
- English Speaker (the ability to speak Spanish is not required)
- A Degree
- Desire to work in an educational setting.
- No prior criminal convictions.
- Enthusiasm for working with children and encourage them to speak in English.
- An adaptable attitude and the ability to socialize and interact with people.
- Commitment to give your all during the full programme.
Schools in Barcelona
Living in Spain
With a Mediterranean climate and a European lifestyle, Spain is the kind of place most people only dream of living. Plenty of sunshine, delicious local cuisine and regular siestas make Spain the perfect destination for those looking to enjoy a laidback lifestyle.Read more
Current WeatherLiving in Spain
- Durango , Spain
- £ 916/month
- Los Palacios, Spain
- £ 1111/month
- Barria, Spain
- £ 926/month
- Marin, Pontevedra, Spain
- £ 1057 - 1286/month
- Cáceres, Spain
- £ 890 - 1068/month
- BURELA, Spain
- £ 936 - 1070/month
- VALLADOLID, Spain
- £ 695 - 868/month