Salary£1774 - 3327/month (¥16000 - 30000)
Contract Length12 months
Qualifications RequiredBachelor’s Degree or higher + TEFL/TESOL certificate
Number of Positions5
Passport HeldAustralia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, USA
We provide an honest, professional, free teacher recruitment service, focused on placing teachers at the very best schools across China. Founded in… Read more
COVID-19 & China border updates: Schools across China reopened in June 2020 and right now are holding interviews for teachers for April to November 2021 start dates. We are in contact with more and more schools that have successfully obtained PU letters (invitation letters) for teachers, needed to apply for a work visa. If you are already in China, your start date could be as soon as within a few weeks. If you are outside of China, taking into account the interview process and visa application process, your earliest start date could be around July 2021. Read more here – https://goldstarteachers.com/updates-on-when-the-china-border-will-reopen-for-esl-teachers.
ESL Jobs in Shanghai
We are currently holding interviews for English language teachers to join our academic team in the vibrant city of Shanghai. If you are looking to teach in a modern, professional school and have the energy and creativity to inspire our young learner students, then we would like to speak with you.
We have a competitive package, and an unmatched work-life balance, with a schedule that allows you to pursue all of your own interests and hobbies and to explore Shanghai. We aim to be the most respected and effective English language training provider in China, helping students to improve the quality of their English by delivering internationally recognized content through professionally trained teachers.
Our school is equipped with modern facilities and up to date technology as well as a variety of course materials popular with both teachers and students. Our courses are divided into three groups. Talk to Beeno, Phonics for Kids, and Picture Dictionary for preschool students, Big English for kids aged 6-12, and New Opportunities for teenagers. For all levels and textbooks we provide systematic training, materials, and software for use in your classes. Every step of a young learner’s journey in our schools has been thoughtfully planned for and no matter what the age or level, both teachers and students will have an experience that matches their needs and expectations.
We currently have 25 campuses all across Shanghai, and are in the process of opening more schools. As a teacher you will be assigned to a single location, teaching mainly young learners aged 3 to 12 years old. Each student is placement tested on entering the school which means students studying together have the same level of English. Class sizes are kept small to ensure real progress is made.
Our schools in Shanghai provide a challenging and supportive English Language learning environment that draws students and faculty together with a nurturing spirit in the pursuit of knowledge. We want our teachers to be the most effective and professional they can be to ensure our students come away with the best English language instruction possible. With this goal in mind we have developed an up to the minute new teacher training program that covers topics ranging from early childhood development to effective strategies for teaching complicated grammar topics to older students.
Teach English in Shanghai
Known as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, Shanghai is truly an international metropolis in every sense of the word. The most vibrant and progressive city in China, Shanghai is the economic and cultural center, blending an incredible mix of Eastern and Western culture. On one side of the mighty Yangtze River flowing through Shanghai is the Pu Dong district, rural farm land just 20 years ago, it is now the financial and commercial hub with skyscrapers stretching ever higher. Along the western bank of the river, the iconic Bund is a reminder of Shanghai’s colonial past featuring grand European architecture.
For those who like to shop, party and eat, Shanghai has all you could possibly want and more. But despite its cosmopolitan reputation, pockets of quaint tradition remain alive and well, dotted throughout the city. Explore countless old markets, back streets crammed with local eateries and discover incense filled temples still central to the locals’ daily life.
• 24 teaching hours teaching per week
• No office hours after probation
• Classes are held during weekday evenings and on weekends (2 days off during the weekdays)
• Lesson planning to young learners age 3 to 12
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
Salary & benefits
• Excellent salary: 25,000 – 30,000 RMB per month for position at newly opened campus for teachers already in China
• Excellent salary: 16,000 – 20,000 RMB per month for original campus (depending on qualifications and experience)
• Earning potential: 18,000 – 24,000 RMB per month for original campus (including over time payments)
• Legal ‘Z’ visa provided
• 11 days paid public holidays plus 10 days paid personal holidays
• Contract completion bonus
• Health insurance provided
• Visa costs reimbursement after completion of probation (receipts provided)
• Flight cost reimbursement after completion of probation (receipts provided)
• Comprehensive health insurance
• Accommodation assistance loan: 10,000 RMB (overseas applicant only)
• 2 weeks stay in hotel upon arrival provided
• Assistance in finding suitable accommodation
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within our extensive network
Salary£1774 - 3327/month (¥16000 - 30000)
Contract Length12 months
• Bachelor’s degree (notarised)
• TEFL certificate minimum of 120 hours (notarised)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Teaching experience highly preferred, but we can consider new teachers
• Genuine interest in teaching children
• Open-minded, an adventurous spirit and professional flexibility
• Clean criminal background check
• Experience traveling internationally and/or working abroad preferred
Please send the following to Jeannie at [email protected] or complete this form:
- Covering letter
- Recent photo
- Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
- Passport photo page (scan)
- Include in the subject heading the reference number iiLE3J
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
What does this mean?
Strict visa regulations in particular countries can mean teachers must hold a passport from certain countries. Unfortunately, this restricts who schools can hire and may make you ineligible if you apply for the position. This information is indicative and you can still apply for the position but we recommend that you look into whether you can obtain a visa for the position first.
Don’t give up! There are job opportunities in other teaching destinations overseas.