Contract Length9 months
Start date3rd October 2023
Qualifications RequiredBachelor’s Degree or higher
Number of Positions10
Passport HeldAustralia, Fiji, Canada, Malta, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore
(+ 21 more)
ConversaSpain is a Spanish organization that cooperates with more than 300 public schools in different regions in Spain. It offers inspiring, challenging… Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
Would you like to teach English while discovering the Spanish culture during the next academic year?
Join our ConversaSpain services and become an Auxiliar de Conversación in Spain. Immerse yourself in the Spanish culture while teaching four days per week from October 2023 to May/June 2024.
ConversaSpain will give you the opportunity to teach in a public school in the Madrid, Murcia, or Castilla-La Mancha regions. During this experience, you will have the incredible opportunity to share your culture while acquiring classroom experience and teaching skills.
Does this sound like something you are interested in? Ok, let’s move forward!
• Read the Program Information Dossier
• Complete the Online Application Form
If you meet the basic requirements to participate and your profile matches what the Education Authorities are looking for in the programs available, you will be invited to an online interview with one of our team members.
Salary & benefits
What’s Included in the ConversaSpain Auxiliares de Conversación Programs? Constant support in English:
- Pre-departure assistance concerning the visa application process and the rest of the documents required to participate in the program
- Welcome Documents available on the Exclusive ConversaSpain Online Platform: step-by-step instructions to process legal documents, practical tools, and advice to get settled in your new destination (e.g., information about apartments, transportation, bank accounts, SIM cards, Spanish lessons, and more)
- Customized webinars
- 16/15/12 teaching hours per week during four teaching days
- Ensured tax-free monthly stipend (€1,000 in Madrid, €875 in Murcia and €700 in Castilla-La Mancha)
- Health coverage as well as medical assistance guidance if needed
- Support network through different channels (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and the opportunity to be part of the community of participants before your arrival in Spain
4 Program Options:
- ConversaSpain Support
- ConversaSpain Support + 140-Hour TEFL Course
- ConversaSpain Support+ Immersion Week
- ConversaSpain Support + 140-Hour TEFL Course + Immersion Week
We work on a first-come, first-served basis. So, the sooner you apply to ConversaSpain, the more chances you will have to become a part of this unique experience!
Contract Length9 months
What Are the Requirements?
- Be a native-level English speaker
- Hold a 3+ year university/college degree (e.g.: Bachelor, Master, NQF7, or equivalent) in any subject
- Hold a passport of a country where English is the official language or hold a C2 English Certificate (CEFR) -or equivalent-, and hold a passport from the countries accepted by the Regional Education Authorities
- Be aged up to 59 at the beginning of the program
- New Zealand
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- Russian Federation
What does this mean?
Strict visa regulations in particular countries can mean teachers must hold a passport from certain countries. Unfortunately, this restricts who schools can hire and may make you ineligible if you apply for the position. This information is indicative and you can still apply for the position but we recommend that you look into whether you can obtain a visa for the position first.
Don’t give up! There are job opportunities in other teaching destinations overseas.