Contract Length8 months
Qualifications RequiredBachelor’s Degree or higher + TEFL/TESOL certificate
Number of Positions1
Passport HeldAustria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark
(+ 21 more)
A friendly and supportive school, with a British owner, only 90 mins from Warsaw and Lublin! Teachers have the opportunity to teach… Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
Join a friendly and supportive team in a well resourced, British-owned school close to Warsaw and Lublin, with opportunities for teacher development and to teach a wide range of ages and levels.
We are growing and are currently seeking:
- An appropriately qualified full-time teacher (120-hour TEFL or equivalent) to start ASAP.
- With a native speaker level of language to join our team in Lukow & the surrounding area.
There is also the possibility of part-time / cover work for suitable locally based candidates.
In our school, you will have the opportunity to work with a full range of ages and levels – from Young Learners to Adults from complete beginner to advanced level. Most of our students are very keen to learn, and teaching here is on the whole very rewarding, and fun!
We have a wide range of resources available, and are happy to extend our range of materials if our team needs something new. There is also the opportunity to make use of IT in the classroom – free Internet access is available in our main schools, and 50% of our classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards.
We also offer many opportunities for teacher development. We attend teacher training days which are conducted by the main EFL publishing houses or British Council in Siedlce, Lublin & Warsaw, we encourage ideas / materials sharing, organise regular teacher development sessions / team meetings as well as periodic lesson observations and feedback. There is also the opportunity to take part in survival Polish lessons, which are paid for by the school.
Lukow offers a very low cost of living, friendly people and the opportunity to experience real Polish life. There are also all of the amenities you would expect (gyms, a cinema, restaurants, bars, swimming pools, bowling / pool centre, shops & supermarkets (including Tesco & Lidl), etc). The town is also surrounded by nature & forests. Warsaw and Lublin are around 90 mins away, and are ideal for a weekend break.
We are the biggest employer of native-level teachers in our region, with a British owner, so there will always be someone around who you can easily communicate with.
For more information about our school (in Polish) please visit our website (www.Angielski-Lukow.pl).
Our HQ is in Lukow, and most teachers are usually based there.
Please apply with CV and covering letter. Interviews take place via Skype, or for locally based candidates interviews can be conducted face to face.
(Please note that applications from candidates not possessing a native level of English will not be considered).
Salary & benefits
- We offer a stable & competitive local salary, which will allow for a comfortable standard of living. There are also opportunities for overtime
- Ongoing teacher development
- Survival Polish lessons which are paid for by the school
- Airport pick-up
- Freshly-ground coffee in the main schools
- Free Internet access in school
- Regular staff/student social events & parties
- Friendly working environment with personal & academic help and support whenever you need it
- Well-resourced schools with interactive whiteboards
- Low-cost accommodation found by the school
- The opportunity to work with a diverse range of ages and levels from kindergarten to adult proficiency
Contract Length8 months
- Open, friendly and enthusiastic about teaching;
- Qualified (120-hour TEFL or equivalent as a minimum), newly qualified candidates are welcome to apply;
- EU or UK passport holders / already have the right to live & work in Poland (due to visa restrictions);
- A team player;
- Happy to teach both groups and 1:1 (the vast majority of the work is with groups of 3 to 12 students);
- Willing to teach young learners, teens and adults;
- Committed to working for us until at least mid-June 2020 (contract extension into the summer and / or the new school year are possible for the right person);
Staropijarska 6d, Lukow, Poland
Living in Poland
Poland boasts hearty home-cooked food, eye-catching European architecture from several historic periods, and a tragic but compelling history. Catholicism plays a big part in local culture, as does the arts, especially music and dance. The country also has fantastic skiing destinations, particularly the breath-taking Tatra Mountains.Read more