Start date1st April 2023
Qualifications RequiredBachelor’s Degree or higher + TEFL/TESOL certificate
Number of Positions5
Passport HeldAustralia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, USA
I Can Read is a market leader in English literacy which boasts over 300,000 success stories over the past 20 years. Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
I Can Read is celebrating more than 20 years of experience and success! We have expanded to more than 200 centres and school partners in over 15 countries and cities within Asia and the Middle East, with 20 of them being in Singapore!
We are looking for committed teachers as we offer a two-year contract. Candidates must hold a Bachelors Degree and have preferably one year of classroom-based teaching experience.
Salary & benefits
- A competitive monthly salary
- Paid annual leave
- Paid sick leave
- A training programme with I Can Read’s Professional Development team, co-teaching and ongoing
in centre support; teachers will be paid to attend this training
- Small class sizes, a maximum of 10 permanent students
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Explore opportunities to relocate internationally to our other I Can Read centres
- Degree-level qualifications, preferably in Teaching/Education/Early Childhood
Studies/English/English Literature or Linguistics
- English at first language level with a universally recognisable accent and a strong command of
both written and spoken English
- An enthusiasm for teaching young children
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well with Learning Centre Management
- The ability to operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism
I Can Read Singapore
I Can Read, Singapore
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
What does this mean?
Strict visa regulations in particular countries can mean teachers must hold a passport from certain countries. Unfortunately, this restricts who schools can hire and may make you ineligible if you apply for the position. This information is indicative and you can still apply for the position but we recommend that you look into whether you can obtain a visa for the position first.
Don’t give up! There are job opportunities in other teaching destinations overseas.