Contract Length10 months
Start date1st September 2023
Qualifications RequiredBachelor’s Degree or higher + TEFL/TESOL certificate
Number of Positions3
Passport HeldAustria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark
(+ 21 more)
Kids and Us is the leading English teaching chain for children in Spain. Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
*This position is only for EU citizens, or other citizens with a valid working status in Spain. Must be native-level English speaker.*
Passionate and dynamic teachers are required for a unique Spanish opportunity!
We are a private school located in Azpeitia, a small town in The Basque Country of Spain looking for a native-level English teacher. This position is fantastic for anyone wanting to make a real impact with kids and who is passionate about teaching while being in one of the most beautiful areas of Spain. The greenery, the ability to live with the locals in Spain, get immersed in the culture, and most importantly, be a role model for the students at the school makes this teaching position a very unique opportunity.
We are looking for sociable people who are dedicated to the teaching profession and who feel passionate about children and their world – people who are dynamic, involved, fun and motivated by their work to join our friendly, supportive team in Azpeitia.
This position starts at the end of August 2023 and will run the entire academic year. We are only looking for someone who can start at the school at the end of August 2023 and who can commit to the entire school year (June-July 2024).
Teach classes to children from 1 year old to 16 years old, conduct follow-ups of students (attendance, grades, homework and test corrections, reports, etc.), fill in online forms at the end of each term and perform other center-related tasks.
The expectation is for teachers to be flexible and to participate in all of the school’s varied activities, such as storytime performing, face-painting, arts & crafts, participating in the Christmas party, and similar activities that are carried out during some weekends from time to time during the course.
If you are passionate, and dynamic and want to live in a small town with a privileged natural environment, we want you in our team!
Salary & benefits
- Competitive Spanish salary of around 1,350 EUR gross per month.
- Monday – Friday, 26-30 teaching hours a week.
- Paid holidays over Christmas, Easter, and local and national holidays.
- A 10-month renewable contract from September 2023 to June 2024.
- Possibility of a contract extension through summer and renewal for academic year 2024-25.
- Full assistance with housing: we provide shared accommodation near the school in a fully furnished flat.
- Full assistance in getting settled: we help with all the paperwork to work in Spain.
- Legal contract and health coverage.
- Classes start around 13:30 and finish at around 20:30.
- Lessons are presential at the center.
- Transportation stipend provided at the end of final contract: up to 150€ per flight (one outbound and one return).
- We pick you up from Bilbao airport and take you to your flat.
- Class prep is provided by the school, as well as the necessary training.
- Small groups of max 8 students.
- Help and support are always at hand.
- Young and modern school with a dynamic team in a friendly work environment with ongoing support.
Contract Length10 months
Contract Length: 10 months
Student Level: Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Required Certificates: CELTA or a TESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours or equivalent
- Be an EU citizen or other citizen with a valid working status in Spain.
- Be a native-level English speaker.
- Experience with young children (students are from ages 1-15) desirable.
GI-631, 14, 20730 Azpeitia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
What does this mean?
Strict visa regulations in particular countries can mean teachers must hold a passport from certain countries. Unfortunately, this restricts who schools can hire and may make you ineligible if you apply for the position. This information is indicative and you can still apply for the position but we recommend that you look into whether you can obtain a visa for the position first.
Don’t give up! There are job opportunities in other teaching destinations overseas.