Are you looking for an English-speaking job in France? Do you want to teach English in France?
Want to make a bit of extra money and experience life in France like a local?
This part-time English teaching job might just be perfect for you, and we’d love to share a bit about it with you.
We offer part-time jobs in Paris and 17 other cities all over France, we hire all year round, and we’ve been doing so since 2008! Plus, you don’t need any teaching experience, and you don’t need to speak French. So, what does this part-time English teaching job look like?
Well, we’ve pioneered a unique teaching method that has been trusted by thousands of French families and approved by linguists.
We make learning English part of a child’s regular routine, so that they spend part of their day in a little “bubble of English” created for them by their Instructor. Allowing them to play, do puzzles, draw, snack, dance, sing, go to the park, and generally have fun, all while speaking and hearing English, means that they begin to pick it up in the same way they did their native language. One of the key ideas behind this is that by working regularly with children for a number of days, weeks and months, they will learn so much through repetition and routine. They’ll pick up your pronunciation, they’ll learn about your culture, they’ll hear how you structure sentences, and they’ll learn vocabulary in the real world with you – so the whole thing is as natural as possible, and there won’t be a grammar book in sight.
Salary & benefits
We’re proud to offer the best pay rate in the industry in France – you can trust that you’re working with industry pioneers, and that you’re getting the most out of this part time job in France.
The Babylangues salary varies between €13.86 and €23.50 an hour*(before tax) for a job in Paris, depending on the type of session you’re doing. Plus, of course, that comes with a load of great benefits and help towards your travel costs.
- Remember, when you’re looking for jobs in Paris or indeed anywhere in France, that you should be aware of whether the pay is “brut” (which means “gross” in English; before tax), or “net” (which means “net” in English; after tax).
* These figures are as of January 2020 and will vary outside of Paris
So, what about those benefits? We offer a great range of perks for all our Instructors to make their time abroad as enjoyable and valuable as it can be. Here’s what they look like at a glance:
- Free French classes
- Free trips away
- Help with travel costs
- Free social events
- Free language exchange evenings
- Help finding accommodation
- Help setting up a bank account and getting a social security number
- Free mobile phone
- General help from a dedicated HR team to help you settle in!
Salary£233 - 1583/month (€277.20 - 1880)
- Be a native English speaker or have native-level proficiency (we need this for the method to work properly!).
- Have some work experience with young children – this could be anything from tutoring to childcare to coaching a sports team – it doesn’t have to be complicated!
- Be available on at least two weekdays from 4pm, and/or on Wednesdays or Saturdays (i.e. you’ve got to be free at a time when the kids aren’t at school!).Other than this requirement, our schedules are mainly flexible – you can work anything from 5 hours to 20 hours per week, depending on your availability and how much you want to work!
- Be aged at least 18 years old.
- Be an EU citizen or have a valid visa.
- Be kind, keen, responsible and creative – art and music skills are always a great bonus to have!