Salary£918 - 1148/month (€1072 - 1340)
Contract Length6 months
Qualifications RequiredBachelor’s Degree or higher + CELTA / CertTESOL
Number of Positions2
Passport HeldAustria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark
(+ 21 more)
The English Studio is a language provider passionate about delivering life changing experiences that really make a difference to our customers worldwide.… Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
Hello, we’re The English Studio!
The English Studio is a language provider passionate about delivering life changing experiences that really make a difference to our customers worldwide. We are a young, energetic, fun and fast-paced business to work for and we offer excellent opportunities to ambitious people (like us!). Diversity is at the heart of our business as we welcome students to our schools from every corner of the globe on a daily basis. We apply the same ethos to our staff – our Dublin and London based teams bring expertise from all over the world which contribute to an exciting, dynamic and forward-thinking environment. If being part of our successful team sounds like an opportunity you don’t want to miss, then this role might just be for you…
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated English Language Teacher who will complement our growing teaching team based in the Dublin school. This is a key role in our Academic Department and will have responsibility for our implementing the school’s vision of delivering academic excellence to every student on a daily basis. In addition to in-class responsibilities, our English Language Teacher will also support the functioning of our Academic Department by being meticulous with processes, having firm attention to detail, a pro-active approach to problem solving and the ability to work flexibly. Serving the academic needs of our students while maintaining a positive approach to teaching and learning and striving for continuous improvement will be both challenging and rewarding to the right candidate. An exciting opportunity for someone that thrives in an academic environment, has a developmental mindset and an ambition to develop within the study travel sector.
English Language Teacher – Dublin
Line Manager: This position reports to the Head of Teaching and Learning
This role supports the work of Academic Department through delivering on all aspects of teaching and learning inside and out of the classroom.
- To prepare and deliver high-quality English language lessons in line with school syllabus.
- To have a good level of knowledge and understanding of relevant handbooks and procedural documents and to ensure that those procedures are followed.
- To communicate effectively with all colleagues with regards to academic matters and to ensure that at all times the school and company is promoted in a positive manner both internally and externally.
- To behave in a courteous and professional manner with colleagues and clients at all times and to respect any such relevant codes of conduct.
- To adhere to company dress and behaviour codes.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Head of School and Head of Teaching and Learning.
Teaching & Learning
- Follow the syllabus for particular courses and make good use of materials provided for same.
- Incorporate learner needs into lesson design and delivery to ensure optimum language acquisition.
- Be familiar with the syllabus for the duration of a course of study.
- Provide contextualised language practice for learners in the classroom.
- Provide actionable and appropriate feedback for learners to help with their individual development.
- Take an interest in the personal development of learners and differentiate lesson delivery and outcomes accordingly.
- Work to develop teaching practice following on from feedback from students, peers and/or observers.
- Work to adhere to the institution’s methodology and develop practice in line with the goals of same.
- Arrive in good time to begin all classes promptly.
Administration & Quality Assurance
- Mark student attendance accurately and ensure timely return of all compliance-related paperwork.
- Provide a weekly lesson plan ahead of each class taught in the school.
- Mark internal examinations and provide feedback to students on same.
- Complete all documentation required for meeting inspection criteria of all accrediting and inspecting bodies to ensure, in liaison with the Head of Teaching and Learning/ Head of School, that these criteria are, at the very least, met for ACELS/QQI/INIS.
- Be fully aware of all internal procedures with regard to quality issues and to play a role in the quality cycle.
- Provide feedback on systems, procedures and syllabus when requested.
People & Development
- Liaise with the Academic Manager concerning timetabling, scheduling and classing issues.
- Be available for covering/deputy work in the event that a colleague cannot be present for teaching.
- Attend and participate in meetings as they are scheduled.
- Liaise with the Head of Teaching and Learning and Academic Manager concerning issues in the classroom affecting teaching and learning.
- Actively participate as a member of the teaching team.
- Participate in the school’s professional development programme.
- Attend any associated training and continuous professional development sessions.
Salary & benefits
What’s on offer?
- 18.75 hours per week (15 contact hours)
- Competitive salary.
- Statutory holiday entitlement plus public holidays.
- Career progression opportunities.
- A fun, friendly, forward-thinking and fantastic environment to work in.
Salary£918 - 1148/month (€1072 - 1340)
Contract Length6 months
What we’re looking for
- Accredited 120-hour ELT qualification and NFQ level 7 (minimum) qualification
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Engaging and enthusiastic classroom manner
- Team player with winning attitude
- Detail orientated individual
- Hard working, well organised, enthusiastic, creative, forward thinking and fun-loving
- Ability to multi-task and perform administrative duties efficiently
The English Studio
Jervis Street, Dublin 1, Ireland