LocationMultiple, United Kingdom
Salary£1336 - 1739/month
Contract Length1 months
Start date6th July 2019
Qualifications RequiredTEFL/TESOL certificate
Number of Positions30
Passport HeldAustria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark
(+ 21 more)
Xplore has been one of the largest established independent youth travel providers for over 30 years, offering a range of activity, educational… Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
What will you do?
We are looking for qualified native English level teachers who will be responsible for applying prescribed lesson plans, and delivering enjoyable English classes to students at our successful language schools in the UK, USA, China and Germany over Easter and summer. To gain employment you will have to successful complete our in-house training.
We are looking for:
- A confident communicator
- Industry experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Multi-task at a fast pace
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Have at least 6 months teaching experience and a minimum of 120 hour TEFL qualification issued by a reputable institution and can not be an online qualification.
- Be adaptable as our teachers teach 6 hours a day 5 days a week and are expected to lesson plan in the evenings as well as help out with excursions.
- To oversee the safety and well being of children, and accompanying adults participating in EFL lessons.
- Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
- To plan and oversee a ‘placement test’ (where applicable) to gauge the student’s abilities.
- Supervise excursions and ensure groups leave/ arrive on time, as well as ensuring entrance times are met.
- To mark the above-mentioned test, inform students of the results and their subsequent group placement.
- Create student profiles and update on a daily basis.
- Use your time constructively and effectively.
- Liaise with other EFL teachers and visiting group leaders in order to structure the classes suitably and consistently.
- Prepare lessons for the duration of the allocated TESOL time (in relation to the group programme where possible and when time allows). This must take into account the variety of resources available.
- Carry out lessons according to your pre-arranged plan.
- In every hour there must be a break of 10 minutes for the students.
- Allocate textbooks and other teaching resources to the students and ensure their safe return upon completion of the course.
- Be computer literate
- Communicate using varying methods
- Have proven planning & organisational skills
- Have the ability to apply and monitor delegation of tasks
- Write reports on the students where appropriate and award them a Certificate of Attendance at the end of their last lesson or the Anglia awards certificate if they have passed a module.
- Ensure that class discipline is of a high standard, and to seek the support of management staff if there is a problem dealing with one or more of the students.
- Organise town questionnaires or tasks for the class to do on excursions.
- Assist any person requiring medical treatment to get to a qualified First Aider.
- Report any accident or near miss occurrence.
- Be familiar with all the statements in the site specific Xplore Health & Safety Policy
- Contribute to the continual evaluations and improvements of Xplore lessons.
- Be adaptable
- Be a positive role model
- Be standards driven
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the job
- Be able to understand, meet and exceed company and clients’ expectations
- Gain satisfactory DBS clearance.
Bredon School, Bushley, Tewkesbury, UK
Great Finborough, Stowmarket, UK
Framlingham, Woodbridge, UK
Taverham, Norwich, UK
Pangbourne, Reading, UK