Contract Length3 months
Qualifications RequiredTEFL/TESOL certificate
Number of Positions30
Passport HeldAustralia, Ireland, United Kingdom, Canada, USA, New Zealand
Lead fun recreational activities in English and gain teaching experience at American Village Camps in France! Read more
This position has now expired and can no longer be applied for.
Work in France this spring! Now hiring for the following start dates at American Village Camps:
IMMEDIATE HIRE: March 19, March 26
Other spring dates: April 23, April 30, May 22.
The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France. They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
– Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
– Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
– Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
– Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
– Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
– Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
Not available in spring?
Consider applying to work in the summer, or fall! Start dates on June 24, June 30, or September 10!
How to Apply:
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. We advise you to read through the entire recruitment website before completing the online application.
Access the online application: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-process
Salary & benefits
– A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
– We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
Contract Length3 months
We only seek Language Counselors who are fluent English speakers.
– Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
– Clear criminal history
– 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
– High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
– First-hand knowledge of North American culture
– Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport.)
47800 Miramont-de-Guyenne, France